Friday, April 6, 2018

RIP Jacques Higelin


French author, composer, performer, actor, writer and poet Jacques Higelin died in Paris on April 6, 2018. He was 77. His long, almost endless concerts - sometimes more than seven hours at the Cirque d'hiver, in Paris! - were also his trademark. Higelin was born on October 18, 1940 in Brou-sur-Chantereine (Seine-et-Marne) into a modest family. His father was a railwayman. Little Jacques expressed very early the wish to become a singer. At the age of 14, he did not hesitate to present himself at an audition of the cabaret Les Trois Baudets . Then he did his military service in Algeria, then at war, during which he wrote the Letters of Love of a twenty-year-old soldier, published by Grasset in 1987. It was at the cinema that Jacques Higelin, a former student of the Simon course, began his career in 1959. He played in Henri Fabiani's Le bonheur est pour demain . In the early 1960s, he toured with directors Yves Robert ( Bébert and l'Omnibus ) and Roger Leenhardt (A girl in the mountains). But it is music that paces the life of the young actor. "I heard my grandmother sing in the garden. She had a delicious voice. After work, my father went to the piano and accompanied us. [...] I fell asleep to the sound of my dad's harmonica", he says in I do not live my life, I dream (Fayard). A father to whom he dedicates "Parc Montsouris", a superb piano refrain. Jacques appeared as a street singer in 1977’s “Another Man, Another Chance”.

No comments:

Post a Comment