Thursday, September 17, 2026

RIP Elio Zamuto

 


Italian actor, voice actor and director died in Oriolo Romano, Viterbo, Italy on September 9, 2026. He was 85. Born Elio Mazzamuto on May 1, 1941, Zamuto's career spanned both cinema and voice acting. On the big screen, he was a recognizable face of Italian cinema in the 1970s, particularly standing out in crime films. At the same time, he built an important career in dubbing, also as a director, lending his voice to numerous actors and animated characters; among the most remembered roles as Professor Shiba in “Jeeg Robot d’Acciaio”. Elio voiced four Spaghetti western: "In the Name of the Father of the Son and of the Colt" as the voice of Craig Hill in 1971, "Gunmen and the Holy Ghost" as the voice of Tom Felleghy and "Trinity and Sartana are Coming" as the voice of Romano Puppo both in 1972 and "The Son of Zorro" as the voice Fernando Sancho.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom,

    I am a new fan. I recently went down the rabbit hole of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly because how iconic of an imprint western film-making had made on my mind.

    I realized just how international and recognizeable "Ecstasy of Gold" is which then led me to Edda, which you interviewed back in 2017.

    How do I get in touch with you?

    ReplyDelete