Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Voices of the Spaghetti western “Zorro the Fox”

As we know most of the Euro-westerns were co-productions from Italy, Spain, Germany and France which incorporated British and American actors to gain a worldwide audience. The films were shot silent and then dubbed into the various languages where they were sold for distribution. That means Italian, Spanish, German, French and English voice actors were hired to dub the films. Even actors from the countries where the film was to be shown were often dubbed by voice actors for various reasons such as the actors were already busy making another film, they wanted to be paid additional salaries for dubbing their voices, the actor’s voice didn’t fit the character they were playing, accidents to the actors and in some cases even death before the film could be dubbed.

I’ll list a Euro-western and the (I) Italian, (S) Spanish, (G) German and (F) French, (E) English voices that I can find and once in a while a bio on a specific voice actor as in Europe.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Today we’ll cover “Zorro the Fox”

[(I) Italian, (S) Spanish, (G) German, (F) French, (E) English:

Don Diego di Alcantara/Zorro – George Ardisson (I) Luciano Melani, (S) Manolo García, (G) Erich Räuker

Don Pedro – Giacomo Rossi Stuart (I) Michele Kalamera, (S) José Guardiola, (G) Christian Rode

John Gardner – Paolo Todisco (I) Rino Bolognesi, (S) Javier Dotú, (G) Bodo Wolf

Sergeant Gomez - Pedro Sanchez (I) Carlo Croccolo, (S) José Martínez Blanco, (G) Horst Lampe

 


 

 

 



Erich Räuker  (1953 -    )

Erich Räuker was born on June 25, 1953. He is a German musician, voice actor and radio play and audiobook speaker. He synchronizes performers of several series, for example Richard Dean Anderson in ‘Stargate’, Robert Duncan McNeill in ‘Star Trek: Spaceship Voyager’, Hugh Bonneville in ‘Downton Abbey’, Carlo Rota in ‘24’, Patrick Warburton in ‘Kim Possible’, Naoya Uchida in ‘Death Note Anime’, Yuji Mikimoto in : ‘Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2’, Nathaniel Parker ‘Neon Genesis Evangelionin’ Merlin Synchronized version), Hidekatsu Shibata in ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ (Anime) and ‘Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood’, Hideyuki Hori in ‘Dragonball Z’, Katsuyuki Konishi in ‘Dragonball Z Kai’ and Shinpachi Tsuji in ‘Edens Zero’. He is also featured in films such as “The Seventh Papyrus Roll” and “The House of Damnation”. As a bass player he played until 1981 with the Berlin rock band Bleibtreu Revue and before with Ulla Meinecke. He was also a long-time member of the Rocktheater Reineke Fuchs.

Räuker lives and works in Großbeeren near Berlin. He is the father of Oscar Räuker, who also serves as a voice actor. He is the operator of Weltenton, a manufacturing publisher of music and audiobooks. Räuker is a sponsoring member of various non-profit organizations such as Amnesty, Greenpeace and Foodwatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment