Monday, July 18, 2022

A Bastard, a City and the Dead



Under the title of “A Bastard, a City and the Dead”, the director Dirk Roche finishes what will be the most expensive film of his career. In the following lines we talk about his full-length film and his previous works.

For those who don't know him, who is Dirk Roche?

«Dirk Roche is a screenwriter, film director and actor, born in 1969 in Berlin, raised in Hamburg and married to Martina Mazanti.»

Tell us about your previous work
«I decided to work professionally as a director because I like to encourage the actors to do their best with the camera. In each of my films you see an artistic increase. The short film « 
A MAN, A CITY AND A AVE MARIA » of 2019 has more than 600,000 views on YouTube, the short film « EXECUTION » more than 35,000 views, most of them from Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, USA, Spain. That makes you proud." It doesn't end there, as he tells us in June 2022 "we shot the short film "McBains Revenge" in Tabernas with John and Janine Hutchins and David Hubbard."

What are we going to find in your new feature film?

«The new feature film «A Bastard, a city and the dead» is the most expensive film I have made so far. I have invested a lot of money privately for music licensing and special effects, for the whole film. The English dubbing texts were recorded by a well-known German sound studio in Los Angeles.
The shoot was exciting and exhausting. All the actors were brilliant and gave their all, but I would like to highlight one actor in particular: Andrés Macho!
Andres immediately knew how to play the character of "Dakota" and there was an explosion in my head; I knew immediately that he had found the lead actor he had always been looking for. Currently, I am writing a new script (San Pedro) in which I am giving Andrés Macho the main role. His acting, his presence can turn a mediocre movie into a good movie. When I see Andrés in the movie 'Un bastardo' I freeze every time. He is for me, as I mentioned before, the leading actor I have always been looking for, a professional."

As for the filming, he emphasizes «the filming was exciting and exhausting. Sometimes I spent 10 hours on set in 30+ degrHow is your relationship with Almería and with the western?
"I grew up with the Spaghetti Western, my favorite westerns are "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" and "Let's Kill Partners". I've never been interested in American westerns, except movies with Gary Cooper.
For me, Almería is paradise, the mountains and the sea, the mentality of the people, the tradition, everything. The Fort Bravo movie studios are a great playground for me. I love 
Fort Bravo , the nicest movie studio. Rafael Molina once told me that he was a "crazy fanatic." It's probably 100% true."ees."

What plans or route do you have for the feature film A BASTARD, A CITY AND THE DEAD?

«With the feature film «A bastard, a city and the dead» I have many plans. First celebrate the premiere with all my friends in Tabernas and then present the film in many film festivals. I am referring to the big film festivals with big budgets. Maybe we'll make a few bucks and then we can rent Fort Bravo with the money. But it's like playing the lottery, the film is not guaranteed to win prizes. Some will think the movie is good, others will think it's bad."

In any case, the film will have a premiere at the Tabernas theater, on September 25, which will be by invitation, and will take place three days before the activities of the XII Almería Western Film Festival begin, which will be held from October 28 to 2. , many days to breathe the authentic western.

We leave you with the fabulous preview trailer of what remains to be seen.


Trailer link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCoOGgxBpyk

No comments:

Post a Comment