Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Health watch Burt Reynolds

Burt Reynolds has been released from the hospital after undergoing quintuple bypass surgery,

"Entertainment Tonight" reports.

The veteran actor, 74, reportedly had the medical procedure performed last week and is now home recovering, with 24-hour nursing care.

According to an "ET" source, Reynolds' heart surgery had been planned for about a month.

The actor recently completed a month-long stint in rehab, in which he sought treatment for an addiction to prescription drugs.

"I felt that in spite of the fact I am supposedly a big tough guy, I couldn't beat prescription drugs on my own," he told People.com in September.

He added, "This has been a challenging time for me personally, and I really appreciate the outpouring of love and support from my fans, friends and family. I am looking forward to getting back to teaching and working."

No comments:

Post a Comment