Thursday, July 2, 2020

Voices of the Spaghetti Western ~ “I Am Sartana, Your Angel of Death”


As we know most of the Euro-westerns were co-productions from Italy, Spain, Germany and France which incorporated British and American actors to gain a worldwide audience. The films were shot silent and then dubbed into the various languages where they were sold for distribution. That means Italian, Spanish, German, French and English voice actors were hired to dub the films. Even actors from the countries where the film was to be shown were often dubbed by voice actors for various reasons such as the actors were already busy making another film, they wanted to paid additional salaries for dubbing their voices, the actor’s voice didn’t fit the character they were playing, accidents to the actors and in some cases even death before the film could be dubbed.

I’ll list a Euro-western and the (I) Italian, (S) Spanish, (G) German and (F) French, (E) English voices that I can find and once in a while a bio on a specific voice actor as in Europe these actors are as well-known as the actors they voiced.













Today we’ll cover “I Am Sartana, Your Angel of Death”
[(I) Italian, (S) Spanish, (G) German, (F) French, (E) English]

Sartana – Gianni Garko (I) Michele Kalamera, (S) Manuel Cano, (G) Reiner Schöne
Buddy Ben – Frank Wolff (I) Michele Malaspina, (S) José María Angelat, (G) Alf Marholm
Baxter Red – Ettore Manni (I) Carlo Hintermann (S) Arsenio Corsellas, (G) Herbert Weicker
Sheriff Fisher – Sal Borgese (I) Luciano Melani, (S) Antonio Fernández Sánchez, (G) Erich Ebert
The Judge – Renato Baldini (I) Carlo Buratti, (S) Felipe Peña, (G) ?
Shadow - José Torres (I) Rino Bolognesi, (S) Miguel Ángel Valdivieso, (G) Panos Papadopulos
Deguejo – Gordon Mitchell (I) Emilio Cigoli, (S) José Luis Sansalvador, (G) Wolfgang Hess
Hot Dead – Klaus Kinski (I) Giancarlo Maestri, (S) Rogelio Hernández, (G) Werner Uschkurat














MICHELE KALAMERA (1939 - )

Michele Kalamera was born in Conegliano, Italy on February 12, 1939. He attended the National Academy of Dramatic Art. He began his acting career on the stage and co-founded the Il Teatro Stabile along with Gigi Proietti. He’s best known as the Italian voice of Clint Eastwood. He’s also voiced Steve Martin in all his performances. He’s also voiced such distinguished actors as Robert Redford, Christopher Walken, Michael Caine, Robert, Duvall, Max van Sydow, Anthony Hopkins and Roger Moore among many others. He’s also voiced several Disney characters such as Baloo, Razoul, the Emperor Zurg and Goofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment