Sunday, June 6, 2010

Spaghetti Western Locations


In “For a Few Dollars More” the final duel is fought at Agua Caliente in a ring at the village of Los Albaricoques. These rings were used to thrash wheat and grain. Leone used them like one would use a bull ring for the final showdowns of his films. The ring at Los Albaricoques has been rebuilt and a plaque commemorating the film has been placed their thanks to Manuel of the Hotel Alba.



For a more detailed view of this site and other Spaghetti Western locations please visit my friend Yoshi “Garringo” Yasuda’s excellent website: http://garringo.cool.ne.jp/

2 comments:

  1. I've just returned from Almeria. Happily I can say now that I've step through this ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Pedro. I hope you had the same experience I did visting and walking where Sergio, Clint, Lee and Gian did. There's something magical about it and you almost expect to here a Morricone track coming out from one of the residents windows.

    ReplyDelete