Saturday, August 15, 2026

Voices of the Spaghetti Westerns - “Vengeance”

As we know most of the Euro-westerns were co-productions from Italy, Spain, Germany and France which incorporated British and American actors to gain a worldwide audience. The films were shot silent and then dubbed into the various languages where they were sold for distribution. That means Italian, Spanish, German, French and English voice actors were hired to dub the films. Even actors from the countries where the film was to be shown were often dubbed by voice actors for various reasons such as the actors were already busy making another film, they wanted to be paid additional salaries for dubbing their voices, the actor’s voice didn’t fit the character they were playing, accidents to the actors and in some cases even death before the film could be dubbed.

I’ll list a Euro-western and the (I) Italian, (S) Spanish, (G) German and (F) French, (E) English voices that I can find and once in a while a bio on a specific voice actor as in Europe.









Today we’ll cover “Vengeance”

[(I) Italian, (S) Spanish, (G) German, (F) French, (E) English

Joko – Richard Harrison (I) Giancarlo Maestri, (S) Francisco Garriga, (G) Michael Cramer

‘Professor’ Mendoza – Claudio Camaso (I) Luciano Melani, (S) ?, (G) Fred Maire

Jane - Sheyla Rosin (I) ?, (S) Esperanza Navarro, (G) Helga Trümper

Ricky – Werner Pochath (I) Ugo Pagliai, (S) Juan José Moscoso, (G) Willy Schäfer

Lester – Paolo Gozlino (I) Rino Bolognesi, (S) ?, (G) Christian Marschall

Laredo – Lucio De Santis (I) Roberto Villa, (S) ?, (G) Herbert Weicker









Esperanza Navarro  (1928 – 1978)

María Esperanza Navarro Bassó was born on September 26, 1928, Hellín, Albacete, Spain. She was better known as Esperanza Navarro and was a Spanish actress. She was the daughter of the actors María Bassó and Nicolás Navarro and sister of Félix Navarro, she began in the world of acting when she was still a child, with the company of her parents.

Her professional career was mainly developed in the theater, a medium in which as a leading figure she came to participate in dozens of productions, including “La Celestina”, by Fernando de Rojas, “Los galeotes” (1946), “Las flores” (1948), “El genio alegre” (1953), all of them by the Álvarez Quintero Brothers, “El alfiler en la boca” (1952), by Jacinto Benavente, “Chispita la revoltosa” (1954), by Jorge N. Michelena, “Una viuda original” (1955), by Adrián Ortega “La Orestíada” (1960) by Esquilo at the Mérida Classical Theatre Festival, “La malcasada” (1962), by Lope de Vega, “Madre Coraje y sus hijos” (1969), by Bertolt Brecht, with Mari Carrillo, “La molinera de Arcos” (1970), by Alejandro Casona, her time in Nuria Espert's company or her last stage appearance in a show by Zori and Santos.

Her time in the cinema was much more discreet, counting to her credit a dozen titles, among which “Fue la culpa Adán” (1944), by Juan de Orduña, which was precisely her debut on the big screen, and “El destino se disculpa” (1945), by José Luis Sáenz de Heredia, stands out.

Her brother Félix was a film actor, participating in a dozen films, as well as numerous series and television programs, and her other brother, José Luis, was a writer and assistant director.

She also made some incursions into television, participating in specific episodes of spaces such as ‘Historias para no dormir, Estudio 1’ and ‘Compañera te doy’.

Esperanza died in Madrid, Spain on May 8, 1978, at the age of 49.


No comments:

Post a Comment