As we know most of the Euro-westerns were co-productions from Italy, Spain, Germany and France which incorporated British and American actors to gain a worldwide audience. The films were shot silent and then dubbed into the various languages where they were sold for distribution. That means Italian, Spanish, German, French and English voice actors were hired to dub the films. Even actors from the countries where the film was to be shown were often dubbed by voice actors for various reasons such as the actors were already busy making another film, they wanted to be paid additional salaries for dubbing their voices, the actor’s voice didn’t fit the character they were playing, accidents to the actors and in some cases even death before the film could be dubbed.
I’ll list a Euro-western and the (I) Italian, (S)
Spanish, (G) German and (F) French, (E) English voices that I can find and once
in a while a bio on a specific voice actor as in Europe.
Today we’ll cover “Villa Rides”
[(I) Italian, (S) Spanish, (G) German, (F) French, (E) English
Pancho Villa – Yul Brynner (I) ? (S) Arsenio Corsellas, (G) Claus Biederstaedt, (F) Serge Sauvion
Lee Arnold – Robert Mitchum (I) Mimmo Palmara, (S) José Luis Sansalvador, (G) Arnold Marquis, (F) André Valmy
Rodolfo Fiero – Charles Bronson (I) Ivano Staccioli, (S) Ernesto Aura, (G) Gert Günther Hoffmann, (F) Claude Bertrand
General Victoriano Huerta – Herbert Lom (I), (S) Rafel Luis Calvo, (G) Konrad Wagner, (F) René Fleur
Fina – Maria Grazia Buccella (I) ? (S) Rosa Guiñón, (G) Traudel Haas, (F) ?
Captain Francisco Ramirez – Frank Wolff (I) Gigi Pirarba, (S) José María Angelat, (G) Gerd Frickhöffer, (F) Alain Nobis
Fuentes – Fernando Rey (I) ? (S) Felipe Peña, (G) Claus
Holm, (F) Louis Arbessier
Serge Sauvion (1929 – 2010)
Serge Sauvion was a French actor who was born in the 8th arrondissement of Paris.Asnières-sur-Seine on February 18, 1929.
Despite an important filmography, Serge Sauvion is mainly known for having doubled Peter Falk in most of his appearances, especially in the French version of the police series ‘Columbo’. He has also voiced Burt Reynolds and Burt Young among others, and more sporadically to several actors such as Jack Nicholson, Richard Burton, Montgomery Clift, Marcello Mastroianni, Charles Bronson and Sidney Poitier.
On ‘Europe 1’, he hosts between 1988 and 1995 the program ‘Crime Story’, the appointments of Alfred Hitchcock told by Serge Sauvion, directed by Frédéric Lévy.
Towards the end of his life, he became increasingly rare in dubbing studios, making, for several years, only a few stealth appearances, mostly to overtake Peter Falk. Sauvion also performed his last dubbing in 2007 for the actor, in the film Next, before retiring.
He died on February 13, 2010, in Asnières-sur-Seine, France.
From his first marriage to the editor Corinne Dessane,
Serge Sauvion had four children: Patrick, Frank, Catherine and Sylka Sauvion.
Journalist Marie Sauvion is the result of his second marriage. Actress Marilys
Morvan was his third and final wife.


No comments:
Post a Comment