Friday, November 10, 2023

Spaghetti Western Trivia ~ Manolo Zarzo’s brush with death

 

It was September 23, 1960, and Spanish actor Manolo Zarzo went to Puerta del Sol to have his passport stamped because he had to make a film in Italy. On the way he encountered a fire on Carretas Street and joined a group of people who were holding blankets so that the people who were trapped could get down from the building. One of the young women who jumped was going to fall out of the blanket, “I leaned back to catch her and I felt her weight fall on my shoulder. I was clinically dead for two hours and then for two months with my torso in a cast. I came out of that with will. I said to myself: 'I'm going to get well,' and here I am at 91 years old,” the actor recalled emotionally, who follows the advice of his brother Pedro: don't be afraid of death. “And I don't have it.”



No comments:

Post a Comment