Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Remembering Attilio Dottesio

Attilio Dottesio was born July 16, 1909 and had a screen career that spanned almost 50 years. He began his show business career in France as a singer. He later returned to Italy and attended the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia First appear on film in 1940 in “La peccatrice” (aka The Sinner) directed by Amleto Palermi he would go on to be a reliable character actor especially during the Spaghetti Western era appearing in over three dozen films. He sometimes used the alias William Burke, Arthur Dotte, Atilio Dotte, Dan Reese, Dean Reese, Don Reese during these years. He even took a turn at directing a documentary which was never released. Attilio died on Feberuary 12, 1989 in Rome, Italy. We remember Attilio Dottesio belatedly on his 100th birthday celebrated July 16.

6 comments:

  1. Tom, today would have been his 110th birthday plus two months, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthdate is correct July 16 but I mistakenly wrote in my notes September 16. So yes he'd be 110 plus 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to nit pick, but my dad was born in 1909 and this year he'd only be 100 years old--not 110!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picky, picky okay I counted up the years on all my fingers and toes and came up with 100 also. Darn school teachers... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...for my part, I have an excuse - as you may know, I'm in religious education. And to God, even 1000yrs is just like a finger-snipping...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for putting it in context Fatman.

    ReplyDelete