Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Spaghetti Western Locations



Hoyo de Manzanares is the location of the main town site for FISTFUL OF DOLLARS.
This town is off the main road M618 and not easy to find. There is nothing left of this site but a piles of rubble that once lined the main street of the town. You can still find some fence post footings where the Baxter house was located and some wood on the other end of the street where the Rojo house was located. The building in the distance to the right of the Baxter house which you can spot in the film and is still there and is called El Palacio Del Canto Del Pico. If you wander around the area you’ll find where the cemetery was located. It’s still an awesome feeling to walk down the street and pretend to tell Piripero to get three coffins ready as you approach the Baxter house.


7 comments:

  1. You've got a great blog. This is my first time visiting it. I'll definitely have to come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, what about your email? Failed 3 times; you got mine, so just give me a line,please. Thanks. Fatman

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....should read: you got my email address...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I retired last Friday so the e-mail you have was disconnected. I am at my folks home for a few more days as my mother broke her hip and just got home from rehab. I'll send you my yahoo e-mail when I get back on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dind't knew that. Say my best wishes to your mother, and congrats for you - reaching retirement is entering a whole new world of working, I think:-)))

    All the best

    Fatman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your retirement Tom (look forward to the Blog expanding tenfold!), and hope your mother gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Alison and Fatman. Since I retired early I hope to have more time for the blog etc. but getting used to it will take awhile. Everyone tells me you have less time on your hands when you retire then you ever did when working full time. So far I find that to be true. You exchange one kind of stress for another. The blog will be on and off for the next 10 days at least.

    ReplyDelete