Friday, February 6, 2009

Retirement?

I got a call from our Human Resources Dept. today with an early retirement package offer. After seeing what I would bring home after taxes and sacrificing to take early Social Security I turned it down and hope to finish out another 2-3 years of work. I always hoped to retire early but now that the time is drawing near it's a bit scary. What ever you decide is it. You don't get a second chance and unless you want to go look for another job to fill the void your stuck. Thankfully I saved my 401K plan in August of last year before the world crash so that's in good shape. I loved telling them I'm too young to retire yet. Hope everyone has a great weekend

2 comments:

  1. One thing about retirement. When you do decide to retire it needs to be on your terms and most importantly....when you want to.

    Hang in there, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any experience with this sort of thing, yet; but, I certainly believe in what our compadre, Jangoz, says, Tom!
    I think you made the right move, amigo!
    Don't let 'em push you around!

    ReplyDelete