Friday, October 9, 2026

Voices of the Spaghetti wester “Boot Hill”

As we know most of the Euro-westerns were co-productions from Italy, Spain, Germany and France which incorporated British and American actors to gain a worldwide audience. The films were shot silent and then dubbed into the various languages where they were sold for distribution. That means Italian, Spanish, German, French and English voice actors were hired to dub the films. Even actors from the countries where the film was to be shown were often dubbed by voice actors for various reasons such as the actors were already busy making another film, they wanted to be paid additional salaries for dubbing their voices, the actor’s voice didn’t fit the character they were playing, accidents to the actors and in some cases even death before the film could be dubbed.

I’ll list a Euro-western and the (I) Italian, (S) Spanish, (G) German and (F) French, (E) English voices that I can find and once in a while a bio on a specific voice actor as in Europe.









Today we’ll cover “Zorro the Fox”

[(I) Italian, (S) Spanish, (G) German, (F) French, (E) English:

Cat Stevens – Terence Hill (I) Sergio Graziani, (S) Rogelio Hernández, (G) Ernst Meincke

Arch Hutch Bessy – Bud Spencer (I) Glauco Onorato, (S) Felipe Peña (G) Ulrich Voß

Thomas - Woody Strode (I) Luciano De Ambrosis, (S) José Luis Sansalvador, (G) Helmut Müller-Lankow

Honey Fisher – Victor Buono (I) Carlo Romano, (S) Joaquín Díaz, (G) Roland Knappe

Mamy- Lionel Stander (I) Roberto Bertea, (S) José María Angelat, (G) Karl-Maria Steffens

Judge Boone – Eduardo Cianenelli (I) Lauro Gazzolo, (S) Luis Posada Mendoza, (G) Werner Dissel









Ernst Meincke  (1942 -    )

Ernst Meincke was born on January 5, 1942 in Valtice, Czechoslovakia and is a German actor and voice actor. From 1962 to 1965, Ernst Meincke studied acting at the University of Film and Television in Potsdam-Babelsberg. While still a student at film school, he received his first two leading roles in the DFF television productions “Bitter ist der Haß” (1964) and “Die Heinitzer” (1965). At this time, he also began to work as a dubbing, radio play and documentary speaker. From 1969 to 1972 he had a permanent engagement at the Kleist Theatre in Frankfurt (Oder). Since then, he has been working as a freelancer. In the 1981 episode ‘Der kleine Doctor’, he played the pathologist Rudolf Virchow in the medical series ‘Famous Doctors of the Charité’. From 2005 to 2011, he took on the continuous role of forensic scientist Dr. Schiller-Bregentz alongside Iris Berben in the ZDF crime series ‘Rosa Roth’.

In addition, Ernst Meincke acted as "Station Voice" of the radio news program ‘hr-info’. In the radio play series ‘Gabriel Burns’, he has voiced the character of Bakerman since 2003. This character also made a crossover appearance in the radio play series ‘Point Whitmark’. Later, Ernst Meincke was also heard in this series in various other supporting roles. In 2005, he worked as a narrator on the Schiller series ‘Tag und Nacht’. From 2007 to 2009, he was the German dubbing voice of the devil, played by Ray Wise, in the US television series ‘Reaper’.


No comments:

Post a Comment