Friday, October 17, 2014

Milan receives Marco Aurelio Acting Award

Tomas Milian returns to Rome
 
Trash my love: Tomas Milian in Rome and in library
Blogo News
October 12, 2014
 
These days, talking 'Rubbish de Rome' raises in Romans two contrasting reactions, ranging from anger to the left in the street by Ama, the joy triggered by the arrival in town of Tomas Milian, to whom we owe the embodiment of one of our most popular icons, and the ability to love even a rough character and outspoken as 'Er Rubbish'.
A large international performer who needs no introduction and an eclectic talent trained at the prestigious Actors' Studio of Lee Strasberg, who appeared in many different genres and directors. From art house films to the genre, from Police films to the Spaghetti Western, with directors such as Jean Cocteau and Pier Paolo Pasolini, Carol Reed and Michelangelo Antonioni, Steven Spielberg and Oliver Stone, along with Liliana Cavani and Bernardo Bertolucci, Sergio Corbucci or Sergio Sollima, among many others.
 
82 years of life nurtured by a thousand shades of the seventh art, an American citizen but from birth a Cuban, Italian since 1969, the icon of the Roman world to the collective imagination, have made him worthy of tributes and awards such as the Marco Aurelio Acting Award which he will receive during the opening night of the Festival Internazionale del Film di Roma.
 
“Rome is the city where I feel at home. The city that welcomed me like a son and taught me life. If there is one place I would want to spend the last years of my existence it is Rome, on the contrary, says Milian. “I am ashamed to celebrate but to receive this award in Rome for me is the best. And it is the city where I created 'Er Rubbish', the character that I loved the most and that has allowed me to realize my dream of becoming a Roman."
 
"His personality is a mixture of kindness, anger, vulgarity. He is an honest guy and nice, we forgive him for everything"

No comments:

Post a Comment