Sunday, November 11, 2012

RIP Charles Stalnaker



 [Charles Stalnaker shown here second from right in “El Condor”. Photo courtesy Dan van Husen]

Charles Fredrick Stalnaker, 78, native of Elkins, West Virginia; formerly of Madrid, Spain and Fort Lauderdale FL; passed away peacefully after a long illness in Flora, Illinois on August 2, 2012. After graduating with a Liberal Arts degree from Oglethorpe University in Georgia, Chuck went on to enjoy a fulfilling and fascinating career as a writer and actor in films appearing in over 15 film and television appearances. He will be remembered by all as "Un Buen Hombre" and as an awesome father and grandfather.

Charles appeared in six Euro-westerns: “Custer of the West” (1967), “Guns of the Magnificent Seven” (1968), “El Condor”, “Land Raiders” (both 1969), “Cannon for Cordoba”  and “Captain Apache” (both 1970).

Dan van Husen “Brought a tear to my eye, we spent some good times together . He had a wonderful flat in the old part of Madrid, he and me were also part of a Madrid English speaking acting group supervised and initiated by Walter Coy. I also worked later for his dubbing company.”


1 comment:

  1. I, too, enjoyed working with Chuck on many films. As I remember, the studio was just outside Madrid, on or near Royal Oaks. He was a marvellous director and an intelligent, articulate, kind human being. He was truly the best of the best. I am just now starting to get the hang of 21st century technology, so I found this belatedly. I am saddened that he is gone, but he remains one of the inspiring people I have been blessed to know and with whom I was able to work. He taught me so much about GOOD, high quality voice acting, I have great memories of working with him and the wonderful technicians in Spain and the Spanish directors to whom he referred me for additional work. He is in my thoughts and prayers, as are his family members who survive him.

    ReplyDelete