Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Remembering Kurt Heintel

Born Kurt Heintel on 11/24/1924 in Vienna Austria. Before he chose acting as a career he attended the Art Academy and worked as a draftsman and an illustrator for various newspapers. After taking dramatic lessons in Berlin, Germany he debuted at the Salzburg, State Theater. He then became a ensemble player at the Theater in der Josefstadt for several decades. In 1985 he was awarded the title of professor. During his stage career he took roles in television and more than 20 films. He appeared in one Euro-western in 1965's “Duel at Sundown” as the sheriff. In 1997 he underwent heart surgery but died of heart failure on December 10, 2002 in Vienna, Austria. Today we remember Kurt Heintel today on what would have been his 85th birthday.

3 comments:

  1. I like the history you are sharing about westerns they are fun to read and you have a ton of unique comment that I enjoy reading.

    You have a nice readable blog.

    I stumbled across your blog and I am glad I did.

    Best regards,
    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom. I don't consider my self an expert as you can see by the corrections and additional support I receive from others. I've researched and collected material on European Westerns for 30 years and enjoy sharing what I know and have collected with others interested in these unique films and the people who made them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't believe him, Tom II.
    He IS the expert.

    ReplyDelete